Salt water chlorinators are always on demand, and there is a possibility you are one of the people who want their services. There are dozens of models you can choose from, making it hard to pick the best.
Luckily we have the answer to, what is the best salt water chlorinator on the market? Read on this piece to find more about salt water chlorinators.
Top 8 Saltwater Chlorinator Reviewed
Here are some top saltwater chlorinators to keep your pool chlorinated.
1. Pentair 520555 IntelliChlor IC40 Salt Chlorine Generator Cell
Pentair 520555 IntelliChlor IC40 is an effective saltwater chlorinator with the following features:
- Easy-to-view display: It allows for easy view of water flow, sanitizer output, cell cleanliness, and salt levels.
- Easy to adjust: You only need to press two buttons to increase or lower the level of salt production.
- All performance data: You can easily access cell cleaning cycles, chlorine output, hours of operation, and production settings.
- Cell use tracking: It is a feature that lets you know the hours left of the cell.
- Automatic shut-off: The feature protects your cell and extends its life under all water conditions.
- Easy to upgrade: You only need to touch a button to upgrade your system.
- On-time cycling: It helps to prevent scale and calcium build-up to prolonging cell life.
2. Hayward Goldline AQ-TROL-RJ AquaTrol Pool Salt Chlorination System
The system works effectively for above ground pools and has some excellent features.
- Easy to install: You can easily install the cell within 30 minutes thanks to its smooth and quick installation.
- Integral time clock: The clock helps to control your pool filtration pump to provide chlorination steadily.
- For above ground pool: It can handle a pool of up to 18,000 gallons.
- Best water quality: The system helps to provide a soft silky feel that does not affect eyes and skin.
- Digital salt display: It comes in handy to give you easy access to various variables of the chlorinator.
- Adapters for return jet: They help you to mount the system without a hassle and within minutes.
3. Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System – 15000 Gallons
The system comes with electrocatalytic oxidation (E.C.O.) and is made for an above ground pool of up to 15,000 gallons.
- 110-120v power supply: The system connects to a 110-120v power supply and comes with a GFCI system.
- Uses natural salt: It is an environmentally friendly system that uses table salt to produce chlorine.
- No side effect: You get to swim in clean, fresh, and soft water with no side effects like pool chemicals.
- Sleek, compact design: It comes with a compact design that allows you to install it in tight spaces.
- High flow rate: The model requires a flow rate of between 700-3000 GPH.
- Easy to connect: You can assemble and install it without seeking professional help.
4. Circupool SJ-40 Salt Water Pool Chlorine Generator
The product is assembled in the U.S.A. and provides years of services. Here are its main features:
- 5-year warranty: You get a five-year limited warranty that covers the cell and other parts.
- Industries cell: They cell is made of quality material to ensure that it provides the ideal chlorination for years.
- Easy to install: It is a system that works with most brand filters and pumps, making it easy to install.
- Double braced housing: The housing comes in handy to ensure that the cell remains protected.
- Monitors performance: You can keep an eye on the chlorine level and how the system is working.
- Compact design: The design lets you install the chlorinator in places with limited space.
5. Hayward Goldline PL-Plus AquaPlus All-in-One Control and Salt Chlorination System
It is a highly effective salt chlorinator that you can use to keep your swimming pool sanitized.
- User friendly: The product is genuinely user-friendly thanks to its simple design.
- Cost-effective: You only require table salt to produce chlorine that can keep your pool treated.
- Automatic control: You can program the model to release the salt according to your desire.
- Automatically senses pH and O.R.P. levels: It is an excellent feature that ensures your pool’s pH remains in the desired range.
- For huge pools: You can use this system to chlorinate a pool of up to 40,000 gallons.
- Fresh chlorine: The system guarantees you pure chlorine that can keep your pool sanitized.
6. Solaxx CLG10A Saltron Retro Self-Cleaning Salt Chlorine Generator
At #6 is a salt water generator that can help to provide the desired chlorine for your swimming pool.
- For huge pools: The system was developed to handle a pool of about 20,000 gallons with ease.
- No plumbing: You do not need to install new plumbing lines when installing this system.
- Constant sanitized pool: It is a system that assures you of a sanitized pool around the clock.
- Programmable digital timer: The timer comes in handy to ensure that you set and leave the system to generate chlorine.
- Variable production: You can easily set the desired level of production to meet your swimming pool need.
- Durable model: The model is made of durable material that allows it to handle the pool conditions.
7. Blue Works Pool Chlorine Generator Chlorinator BLH30
The next product can work for inground pool and comes with all the superb features of a top chlorinator.
- Replacement system: You can use it to replace other salt chlorinators like Pro Logic, Aqua Plus, GoldlineControls, and many more.
- No cleaning the cell: The system makes use of reverse polarity to ensure it remains cleans.
- Easy to adjust chlorine output: It comes with two buttons that allow you to adjust the chlorine output levels.
- Twenty-four months warranty: The warranty covers parts and manufacturing defects that might occur within that duration.
- For a vast pool: It can provide enough chlorine to serve a 25,000 gallons swimming pool.
- Durable: The system is made using durable material that can handle the harsh pool conditions.
8. Circupool Universal40 Saltwater Chlorinator
Here is another chlorinator that you can install to sanitize your pool around the clock.
- View-through window: It lets you view the vital aspect of the chlorinator without opening the door.
- Double boxed: The design comes in handy to ensure that the system remains durable underwater.
- Replacement system: It can easily replace most old system without requiring a change in plumbing.
- Four years warranty: The warranty covers parts, and there is no penalty when you install the system.
- Compact design: It allows for installation in areas with limited spaces.
- Effective system: You can have confidence the chlorinator produces the ideal level of chlorine to sanitize your pool.
- Durable: It was designed to last for decades without showing any wear and tear sign.
Salt Water Chlorinator Buying Guide
There are hundreds of salt water chlorinators on the shelves, but you should only choose the one that works for your pool. Therefore, we have a list of the things you should look for when selecting your model.
1. Type of Swimming Pool
The #1 factor to consider when picking your salt water chlorine generator is the type of pool you own. That plays a significant role in determining the model of chlorinator you should choose.
Note the following:
- Some units are made for inground pools, others for above ground ones, and some work for hot tubs and spas.
2. Perfect Brand
The brand can affect the type of chlorinator you end up buying. There is no doubt there are lots of brands out there, but you must determine your needs instead of emotions.
Brand Picking Tip:
- Do thorough research about the brand to ensure that its product gives the performance you want.
3. Comprehensive Warranty
Another vital consideration is the warranty and what it covers – the information. You should buy a product with a guarantee that covers parts and does not get voided when you install the chlorinator via D.I.Y.
That way, you might feel that you have value for your money.
4. Ease of Installation
The installation process depends on the accessories and design of the model you buy. You should consider purchasing a chlorinator that you can install and one that will not be a hassle.
- The chlorinators come in all sizes and shapes, so, get a product that can fit into the space you want to install it.
- Some models might require new plumbing and additional accessories; try to avoid them.
5. The Price
Price is an essential factor when choosing any pool product, but it should not be the most critical one. It is vital to do some research and get a chlorinator that meets your pool’s needs.
Note the following:
- Salt water chlorinators are expensive, so you should not have a fixed budget.
- Also, note that the most affordable product might not be of quality material.
Why Use Salt Water Chlorinator
Here are some of the reasons why you should consider buying a chlorinator:
- They produce high-quality chlorine compared to what you would buy in the stores.
- They provide you with just the right amount of chlorine to keep your pool sanitized.
- They require little or no maintenance and work 24/7 to keep your poo sanitized.
- Their chlorine does not dry out your hair, skin, or eyes.
- They are the perfect models for people with sensitive skin and those who suffer from allergies.
- They use table salt, which is affordable compared to buying chlorine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let us look at some F.A.Q.s about salt water chlorinators:
Q: How Does a Salt Water Chlorinator Work?
A: The chlorinators have salt cells and control boxes. The cells have parallel titanium plates covered with iridium and ruthenium metals.
The control boxes release a safe electrical charge to the cells. When water passes via the salt cells, the salt in water turns to Hypochlorous acid.
Hypochlorous acid is the same chemical produced by chlorine when added to water.
Q: How to Clean Salt Water Chlorinator?
A: Mix muriatic acid and water in the ratio of 1:4 in a bucket. Connect your salt cell to a stand and pour the solution into the system.
Q: What is a Salt Water Chlorinator?
A: A salt water chlorinator is a system that uses dissolved salt to produce chlorine for sanitizing a swimming pool. It is made up of a control box and a cell.
The system releases the chlorine when the electrical current hits the cell.
Q: What Size Salt Water Chlorinator Do I Need?
A: Given that most pools have variable chlorine demands, you might want to but a salt water chlorinator that a capacity of 1½-2 times of the pool size. For instance, you should consider choosing a system with a 30K gallons capacity if you have a 20K gallons pool.
Q: How Much is a Salt Water Chlorinator?
A: The salt water chlorinator system can cost as much as $1500 and as low as $5,000. It depends on the brand and the model you choose.
The best salt water chlorinator system can keep your pool sanitized safely. You should always buy a model that meets your pool’s needs.
You May Also Like:
- The Best Chlorine Tablets for Swimming Pool
- The Best Salt Water Generator For Above Ground Pools
- The Best Pool Shock
- The Best Pool Test Kit
- The Best Pool Test Strips
- How Much Bleach for 1000 Gallon Pool
- What Causes Pool Water Turn Green & What Can You Do To Fix It?
- How to Tell if Pool Main Drain is Working
- How to Add Alkalinity Increaser to Pool
- Black Algae In Vinyl Pool: How to Remove Black Algae