The swimming pool is one of the fascinating things, and owning one right at your residence is like a dream come true. However, with every pro of owning a swimming pool comes a con and drawback of clearing and keeping it clean at all times.
Maintaining hygiene in a swimming pool is one of the biggest challenges swimming pool owners have got to face, particularly those with oak trees around. Clearing and cleaning a swimming pool is no small job, particularly without an automatic pool vacuum cleaner or pool cleaners. You can spend less time and effort on your pool routine maintenance with the help of a good automatic pool cleaner.
There are many vacuum cleaners in the market today, making it a bit tricky to pick the ideal one for your application. Here we have the 6 best pool cleaners for leaves and their suitable application.
Types of Swimming Pool Vacuum Cleaners
Manual Pool Cleaner
As the name suggests, the manual suction pool cleaner is much like the regular, traditional pool cleaner. You need to hook it up to the pool’s filtration system and manually move it around by a person to be able to suck grime and dirt off a pool floor and walls alike.
Though using the manual pool cleaner usually takes a lot of hard work; they tend to be the least expensive pool cleaners in the market. Pool owners who love to personally clean and ensure every inch of their pool are taken care of, or owners with a low budget, there is no better option than this.
Automatic Pool Cleaner
This category falls between the manual and robotic pool vacuum cleaners and can be considered the robotic pool cleaner predecessors. They also need to be hooked up to the pool’s filtration system to pull grime and dirt off a pool’s bottom and sides. The automatic pool vacuum cleaners are of two types – suction side and pressure side pool cleaner.
While most suction side cleaners are designed for fine particles like dirt and sand, pressure side vacuums can handle larger particles such as leaves. Unlike the manual pool cleaner, automatic pool cleaners do not depend on a human operator to move around and clean your pool. Just connect the power cord to a power source, place it in your pool, and allow it to run on its own.
Robotic Pool Cleaner
The one of the most advanced pool cleaners today are the robotic pool vacuum cleaners. You don’t need to connect them to the pool’s filtration system. Instead, robotic pool cleaners make use of their in-built filter, thereby making your cleaning job easier and prolonging the lifespan of your pool filters as they don’t need to deal with additional dirt and grime from a vacuum.
Robotic cleaners are the easiest to use; you only need to place them in your pool and watch them do their job without you having to lift a finger as it works. Most of them can efficiently handle all kinds of debris and dirt, including leaves, sand, and other grime. They can create a digital map and can get to the bottom of the pool to thoroughly clean it during any cleaning session.
Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Pool Cleaner for Leaves
While choosing between the three types of pool vacuum cleaners available is one of the most critical decisions in the best pool cleaner buying process, you must also consider other vital things before buying a cleaner. In addition to type and price, consider the following:
- Size and Hose Length: The first thing is to consider the size as every pool cleaner is designed for a specific pool size. So, if you have a pool of 40 ft, you must go for a pool cleaner that is rated 40 ft and above. Though you can occasionally extend with say your garden hose for the cleaner to cover a larger area of your pool, you may not achieve the same suction, and the vacuum may become entangled since it’s not designed for such hose length.
- Pump Suitability: The majority of the vacuum cleaners need to be hooked up to the pool pump for suction. Therefore, it’s important to ensure the cleaner you’re buying will be compatible with your existing pump rating.
- Climbing Ability: While some vacuum cleaners can climb stairs and clean the pool’s floor and walls, others can only clean the floor. Examine your application properly as a pool with stairs requires a cleaner that can climb and descend these areas.
- Wheel Layout: With the numerous obstacles in the swimming pool like filter flaps and drains, it’s crucial to ensure the cleaner’s wheels or tracks can handle the obstacles peculiar to your pool.
- Surface Compatibility: Some cleaners can effectively clean all types of materials, whereas others can only clean plastic or gunite, not vinyl or tile. It’s then important to check the pool cleaner’s description you’re buying to know the type of material it can effectively clean.
- Debris: Dirt and debris are another this to consider in choosing the best cleaner. Pools with larger debris will always require higher suction cleaners compared to others with just sand.
Explore pool vacuums for leaves
Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Robotic Pool Cleaner
On the very top of the list is the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Robotic Pool Cleaner, top quality robotic pool cleaner that doesn’t require any human effort after being programmed and dropped in water – thanks to its plug-and-play nature. It is suitable for all kinds of swimming pools, be it plastic, tile, or gunite. The product has high filtration capabilities and a powerful motor for impressive suction to suck debris of all sizes and types while also gently scrubbing your pool surface and walls for a remarkably clean finish.
You only need to plug it with a lengthy extension cord, place it on your pool, and see it remove sand, insects, dirt, leaves, and other debris from your pool with ease. The Dolphin robotic cleaner is the best and most highly rated vacuum cleaner for extra-deep pools, with up to 50 ft floor depth. You don’t need to connect it to the water circulation system or pump of your swimming pool. The model also comes with a built-in capture system or filter bag and needs no hook up with your pool’s filtration system.
- Top load filter cartridge
- Dual scrubbing brushes and superior filtering capabilities
- Exceptionally clean walls and floor
- Weekly scheduling with three options of every 3rd day, every other day, and every day
- 2 hours cleaning for longer pool time enjoyment
- Best for in ground pool up to 50 ft
DOLPHIN E10 Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner
If you are looking for a way to clean your pool while saving time and energy, DOLPHIN E10 Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner is your go-to option. Like the dolphin escape, the model is designed with great floor scrubbing and superior filtering capabilities to easily clean the above-ground pool. You can reclaim your free time as the vacuum cleaner can clean your pool inside out and leave it sparkling in just 1 ½ hour, giving you enough time to relax and take care of other things.
The product can also work for small in-ground pools, not more than 30 ft. The vacuum cleaner stands out for its high cleaning performance, active brushing, and quick cleaning speed to eliminate dirt and debris. It is more energy-efficient than pressure side and suction side pool cleaner, and its top-loading filtering basket makes it easy to clean the collected debris.
- Easy-to-clean top load filter basket
- Require no additional hose or pumps
- Excellent floor scrubbing and superior filtering capabilities
- 1 ½ hour of debris cleaning for a longer pool time fun
- Most ideal for above ground pools up to 30 ft
Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
In today’s world, where it’s quite challenging to make out time for chores, you can tell a different story by saving time with the Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner which is advanced automatic pressure-side pool vacuum cleaners with triple jets. Hence, it is known for effectively and efficiently sweeping, scrubbing, and vacuuming pools in 3 hours without owners having to spend much time or effort.
Polaris cleaner is designed with modernized mechanisms that work perfectly with the pool’s existing circulation pump and water pressure. Unlike some other vacuum cleaners, the Polaris 360 cleaner requires no booster pump to operate. It can capture debris of different sizes, including leaves, pebbles, and tiny particles from the bottom and walls of your pool.
- Pressure pool cleaner with advanced cleaning tech – powered by triple jets
- Great floor and walls vacuuming, scrubbing, and sweeping capabilities
- Works solely on pool’s circulation pump – requires no booster pump
- Single chamber with a built-in filter for capturing large debris
- 3 hours cleaning with great climbing abilities
- Works greatly for inground pool of any shape and size
Polaris F9550 Sport Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner
Polaris F9550 Sport Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner is one of the best robotic vacuum cleaners around. Its design mimics a sports car’s look. The product comes with four robust wheels for smooth travel on different surfaces, including stairs and walls. It picks up leaf debris four times faster than most vacuum cleaners available, thanks to its vortex vacuum technology.
With activmotion sensor technology, Polaris F9550 cleaners can navigate every area of your pool to get it cleaned inside out. It comes with a 7-day programmable timer, together with a customizable cleaning cycle that you can program and relax. These features make Polaris cleaners the most brilliant pool cleaning device you can always bank on.
- 4-wheel drive robotic cleaners with Aqua-Trax tires
- Vortex vacuum technology for capturing larger debris
- Activmotion sensor technology for easy navigation
- IntelliFlo pump compatible with IntelliTouch, SunTouch, and EasyTouch remote control system
- Comes with a dirty canister indicator and 7-day programmable timer
- Best for inground pool (comes with 70 ft cable length)
Hayward W3PVS20JST Poolvergnuegen Pool Cleaner
Every pool owner will love the high-featured Hayward 2-wheel or 4-wheel Poolvergnuegen suction cleaner, a design that incorporates original flexible, self-adjusting turbine vanes for maximum power delivery at any flow. Even if you have trees dropping leaves into your pool, Hayward Poolvergnuegen suction vacuum movement ability allows it to capture large debris to guarantee complete cleaning of your pool.
For efficient cleaning and full pool coverage, the suction side pool cleaner uses its multiple pre-programmed built-in steering sequence to occasionally reverse its left wheel to enable them to change direction. Another thing that stands the suction side vacuum out is its robust patented tire treads and adjustable roller skirts. These features help it effectively maneuver obstacles and climb stairs and walls, making it the most suitable for all pool surfaces and shapes.
- Flexible self-adjusting turbine vanes for maximum power
- Interchangeable throats for suction optimization
- Available in 2-wheel or 4-wheel drive
- Patented tire treads for improved climbing and obstacle maneuvering
- Adjustable roller skirts for best suction on uneven surfaces
Pentair 360100 Kreepy Krauly Lil Shark Above Ground Pool Cleaner
The model is the best vacuum cleaners for above-ground pools. It features high-performance 2-way cleaning technology that effortlessly scrubs, clean, and vacuum even the toughest dirt and grime, leaving your pool sparkling and eye-catchy.
The Pentair pool cleaners stand out for its no-assembling and easy-to-use nature. You only need to hook it up with the hose that came with it, drop it on your pool, and off you go. The product doesn’t have any wheel, diaphragms, debris bag, or additional parts, making maintenance costs very low. Other similar cleaners are the Zodiac Baracuda G3 W03000 Advanced Suction Side Automatic Pool Cleaner. Like the Pentair or Zodiac Baracuda G3 is great for above ground swimming pools.
- Programmed cleaning for full pool coverage
- Cut a wide 10-inch path for fast and thorough cleaning
- Requires no assembling except connection hose
- No wheels, diaphragms, debris bag, or extra parts to fix or replace
- Suitable for above ground swimming pool maintenance
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are robotic pool cleaners worth it?
Absolutely! You can’t beat the effortless experience they provide when compared with manual or automatic pool cleaners. While you have to do a lot of work with the manual cleaners and still hook its automatic counterpart to your pool’s circulation system, robotic cleaners take care of these and many more to pick debris of various sizes, including leaves. Most of them can be programmed to navigate all areas of your pool, including stairs and walls, while you relax or attend to other things.
How long do robotic pool cleaners last?
Robotic cleaners are normally durable and can serve a long time, at least four to five years. But this also depends on the model or quality and user maintenance culture. A high-quality robotic cleaner with proper maintenance can last up to seven to eight. On the other hand, a cheaper or low-quality product may not last that long. As you buy the best swimming pool cleaner, always give it the best care and maintenance.
How often should robotic pool cleaner be used?
This is dependent on how often you use your pool. Ideally, robotic pool cleaners are designed to withstand everyday stress, meaning you can run them every day. If you’re always swimming in your pool, you may have to be running your pool vacuum at least once a day or in two days. However, if you don’t swim all the time, once a week or two weeks is fine. Some covered pools may only need cleaning once a month.
Manually clearing and cleaning your above ground or inground pool to remove dirt, sand, leaves, and other debris can be stressful, time-consuming, and ineffective. Why spend so much time and energy on manual cleaning when you can get an unmatchable result with pool vacuums? A good vacuum cleaner can offer you a stress-free, time-saving pool cleaning exercise and keep your pool clean and sparkling.
While all the above-listed pool cleaners are of top quality, for optimal results, it’s essential that one properly evaluate the one that best suits their application. Failure to do this can ruin the whole idea of getting a cleaner that will effectively clean your pool inside out while saving you a lot of time and stress.