Choosing the ideal gas water heater is a critical decision. These systems can be costly, and buying the wrong model can cost you much in the future.
But what’s the best gas water heater to buy? If you are can’t see to get a heater that can meet your needs, here is have reviewed the top six gas water heaters in the market today.
Review of Top 6 Gas Water Heater – Top Picks
Below is the review of the leading gas water heaters that you can get on the market today.
1. GASLAND 1.58 GPM Tankless Water Heater, BS158
BS158 is an effective water heater that boasts of some fantastic features:
- Multiple protection functions – They include over-heating, anti-freezing, and flame failure protection to keep you safe. The system also shuts the gas supply if there is a problem.
- Lightweight, portable design – The heater comes in a compact size that makes it lightweight enough to allow you to carry it with ease. It can be the ideal model for you when you go outdoors to camp.
- Easy to install – It takes about 5-minute to install the heater and start warming your water. And you get the installation manual inside the package to guide you.
- On-demand hot water – The heater provides a maximum power of 41K BTU/hour that guarantees you instant hot water when you need it. You do not need to preheat the heater before you use the water.
- Energy-saving – The system easily saves you up to 11.5% of energy compared to other products in its class. For the price, this model can give you value for money.
2. CAMPLUX ENJOY OUTDOOR LIFE 5L 1.32 GPM Portable Outdoor Tankless Propane Water Heater
You can easily take this portable heater out when going camping, and it comes with these features.
- CSA approved – The model is approved for various markets, including the Canada and US markets. That means you can use it with peace of mind knowing you have a safe product that is regal.
- Works with Camplux water pump – It is a model that you work with a 12V 1.2GPM water pump by Camplux. You should use this model with a water pressure of at least 3.0 PSI.
- Variable temperature – The model provides a maximum temperature of 46-degree and a minimum of 8-degree.
- Folding handle – It is a compact unit that comes with a foldable handle that allows you to move it with ease. You can take it with you anywhere you go.
- Various protections – The heater also features anti-freezing, oxygen depletion, and flame failure protection. It was designed to keep you safe when heating your water.
- 1.32 GPM – The heater helps to provide 1.32 GPM of warm water and saves energy. You get an endless water supply.
3. MAREY GA5PORT Portable Propane Gas Tankless Water Heater
You can get constant hot water if you get the Marey GA5PORT model. Here are its main features.
- Natural ventilation – The heater is naturally vented to ensure that you don’t get additional ventilation. That saves you money and time you would have wasted looking for the ventilation.
- For multiple applications – Another great thing is that the heater can be handy when cleaning your car, washing windows, cleaning your dog, and more. It is also ideal when taking a hot shower.
- Ideal for camping – The model is lightweight enough to allow you to take it when going camping. It is the only heater you will ever need while at home or when heading out for camping.
- Endless water – You can get hot water whenever you want thanks to its ability to heat fast.
- Easy to connect – It is one of the easiest to install heaters you can ever get on the market today thanks to the absence of electrical cables.
- CSA approved – The heater is recommended for everyday use in different markets, including the USA and Canada.
4. Rinnai V65IN Tankless Water Heater
Rinnai is a reputable brand, and its V65IN model is among the best units you can get out there. It offers these qualities:
- Endless hot water – The heater provides steady water for the entire family whenever you need it. That means you don’t need to preheat the heater to start using the water.
- Tankless heater – It uses natural gas to keep your water warm and is lightweight enough, thanks to its tankless design.
- 6.5 GPM – If you want a useful model, the V65IN is the unit for you as it can deliver up to 6.5 GPM of water.
- Control-R 2.0 mobile app – It is a feature that allows you to schedule the heater and timer it to stop operation when you are not around.
- Residential factory warranty – You get a 60-month warranty for parts, 12-month for labor, and 120-month for heat exchanger.
5. Marey GA10LP Power 10L 3.1 GPM Propane Gas Tankless Water Heater
Ensure that you get endless hot water when you need it with the Marey GA10LP water heater. It boasts of amazing features like:
- Saves electricity – The model helps to save up to 60% of the power to reduce your heating bills. You won’t need to spend a lot of money when warming the water.
- Compact design – It is a system that saves space when you install it. And the best part is that you do not need to call a professional to put it in place.
- 5-year warranty – The warranty can give you peace of mind knowing you have a durable heater to last you for long. It covers defects that might arise due to the manufacturing process before that time.
- Easy to control water temperature – One unique thing of this heater is the freedom it provides when it comes to managing your water temperature.
- Rustproof – The system lasts for long thanks to its ability to resist rust and corrosion.
6. Rinnai RU Series Sensei SE+ Tankless Hot Water Heater
It is an indoor water heater that you can install at your home to enjoy hot water. You can get the value of money thanks to its superb features:
- Constant hot water – You get hot water whenever you want it, and it is a model that can serve your whole family.
- Highly efficient – It uses natural gas to heat the water and saves you energy to lower your heating bill.
- 11 GPM water flow – The unit guarantees you up to 11 GPM of hot water flow, which is among the best in the industry.
- Circ-logic technology – It is a technology that lets you set the recirculation pattern to suit your needs. That means you get hot water when you need it.
- Residential factory warranty – It is a warranty of 120-month for heat exchanger, 60-month for parts, and 12-month for labor. The heater was designed for home use.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What Size Gas Water Heater Do I Need?
A: You might need a calculator to determine the ideal heater for your home. However, the rule of the thumb is:
- A 30-40 gallons heater is suitable for 1-2 people
- 40-50 gallons for 2-3 people
- 50-60 gallons for 3-4 people
- 60-80 gallons for five or more people
Q: When to Replace Gas Water Heater?
A: Generally, a heater that is over ten years should be replaced. With that said, it is recommended to wait until your heater a problem before you replace it.
You might also need to replace your heater when doing a home upgrade.
Q: Is Gas Water Heater Safe?
A: A gas water heater needs to be taken care of to ensure that it does not endanger the use. These systems can release carbon monoxide, which can be fatal.
With that said, most of the modern heaters come with safety measures that guarantee your safety.
Q: How Long Should Gas Water Heater Last?
A: Water heaters can last between 8-12 years before they need to be replaced. Hence, if your gas heater is about ten years, you might need to replace it to prevent any accident from occurring in the future.
Q: How to Tell If Gas Hot Water Heater is on?
A: You can tell if your water heater is on by checking if the pilot light is on. If it is off, you can use the manual to ensure that you lit is the right way.
It is also possible to use an ignitor while lighting this light. Also, if the heater is off, you won’t get warm water.
Q: What is a Tankless Gas Water Heater?
A: A Tankless gas water heater is a system that heats the water without using a storage tank. When you turn the hot water tap on, cold water moves via the pipe into the heater.
There is a gas burner that heats the water to deliver a constant supply of warm water.
Gas water heaters were designed to provide you with a constant hot water supply when you need it. The best gas water heater consumer reports rate the above models highly, and that is why I have included them in my review.